* Picture ID with social security number of borrower and co-borrowers.
* Application fee.
* Name and complete address of all landlords for the past two years.
* Income verification as follows:
* Copies of all bank and credit union statements for the past three months.
* Copies of all stock/bond certificates and/or the past three statements from all investment and retirement accounts.
* Prepare a list of household items and their values.
* Copies of title documents for all automobiles, boats, motorcycles, etc.
* Face amount, monthly premiums, and cash values of all life insurance policies. (Cash value may be used for closing costs or down payments. You need documentation for the carrier indicating cash value.)
* Credit card account numbers, current balances, and monthly payments.
* Installment loans (car, student, etc.). Same details as for credit cards.
* Mortgage loans (property addresses, lenders and lenders’ addresses, account numbers, monthly payments, and balances owned on all properties presently owned or sold within the last two years.) Bring proof of sale of properties sold.
* Bankruptcy: Bring discharge and schedule of creditors.
* Adverse credit: Bring letter of explanation.
* Divorce: Bring divorce decrees, property settlements, quit-claim deeds, modifications, etc., for all divorces for yourself and your spouse.
* VA only: Bring FormDD214 and Certificate of Eligibility.
* Retirees: Bring retirement and/or social security award letter.