When you’re driving through 4S Commons, you’ll see Jimbo’s, a natural food grocer. Jimbo’s has several locations in San Diego. Jim opened his first store in 1984 in North Park. Since then, he has opened five San Diego stores: Carmel Valley, Escondido, Carlsbad, 4S Ranch, and Westfield Horton Plaza. We’re lucky enough to have one in our own backyard!
Jimbo’s stores offer much more than the traditional grocery store. They have cooking classes, cholesterol screenings, and other events on healthy living. Click here to see the latest events at the 4S Ranch Jimbo’s.
We personally love shopping at Jimbo’s all the time. Here are a few reasons why:
1.Their products do not contain any:
- antibiotics and/or hormones
- refined sugar
- hydrogenated oils
- or artificial colorings/flavors
2. All of Jimbo’s produce is locally grown in San Diego County. They have supported local farms for the past 25 years.
3. Jimbo’s was awarded Socially Responsible Retailer of the Year by the Natural Products Association and Retailer of the Year by Whole Foods Magazine in 2012.
4. They support charitable causes through the Wooden Nickel Program. Next time you reuse a bag at Jimbo’s, you’ll be given a wooden nickel which allows you to choose a charity you would like to support. Keep an eye out for the 4 boxes at the front of the store which represent the 4 causes they’re supporting.
If you are looking to start a healthier lifestyle or simply want to see what Jimbo’s is all about, check out your local store!